Sunday, September 12, 2010

the countdown. . . .

OK!!! So as most people I am close to know, I am about to start the journey of a lifetime. In just under three weeks I will be on my way to hawaii to work with Youth With A Mission (YWAM). I will be living in Hawaii until mid December and then I will be doing missions work wherever they send me! This could be anywhere from Africa, Columbia, India, or somewhere else. I could not be more excited to go, however to say i am nervous would be an understatement. I have never lived away from home before so the idea of leaving everything I know to go live in a different state (not to mention a different country) for sixth months is absolutely terriftying to me. I will be leaving at the end of this month and I still have so much to do in order to get ready. It is hitting me how much I am going to miss my friends and family. Although the nervs are there, so is the comfort in knowing that I am going to be sharing the love of God with those who are less fortunate. I am going to be thrown into situations I never thought I would be in. I will not be spending Christmas this year in the comfort of my own home but with the less fortuntate in a different country. I know that this is where God wants me for now, however after these six months i have know idea. I am so excited at the thought of how much i am going to grow as a person and how much i am going to help others and the doors God is going to be opening in my life. I know I am going to meet such amazing people. So even though i am more nervous than i have EVER been these thoughts are helping me push through. Many people are asking how they can help. I am not asking anybody for financial help, the only thing that I ask is for prayer. This is not going to be easy or comfortable for me. I need all the strength i can get. If anybody wants to help, praying for me would be amazing. To know that while I am starting my new life, there are people here at home thinking of me and praying for me would add so much comfort for me. The next three weeks are going to be so hectic with getting ready, but i am more nervous about after that. The first night away from home, the feeling most people experience when they first graduate high school i will be experiencing in three weeks. Prayer would be awesome, not just for me but for everyone who is about to partake on this trip. What a wonderful adventure and opportunity that God has provided for me, i cant wait. . . . .

6 comments:

  1. Tay....prayers.prayers.prayers!!!! I am very excited for you, and your sensitivity to God's call. This is going to be a wonderful season in your life, and I will pray for you all the way.
    Proverbs 3:5-6

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so proud of you baby!! God has big things in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely on my prayer list. Go get em Tay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you, Taylor!! Can't wait to see how the Lord works in and through you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So proud of you Tay, our thoughts and prayers go with you. You're packing; your guardian angel is stretching her wings and saying, finally, we are off to do God's work. Look forward to reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete